Re: Emu distribution

I've no doubt that the vast majority of emu predation by Dingoes in Oz, is
on eggs and chicks.  This is the case with ostriches (90+% mortality to
one year--very little after that), and rhea (who have no natural predators
on adults and whose juvenile life stages are targets of multiple species)

> Interestingly, emu breeders here in New Mexico tell me that their birds
> are singularly aggressive toward canids, and will kill dogs if they can
> corner them.

And they're very wary and _very_ fast.