Re: Emu distribution -- WARNING: EXTRAPOLATED HUMOR, FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY :)

    John Bois said, "Secondly, extinctions at the K/T may have involved
invading predators. There was a massive invasion of mammals apparently
sweeping from North to South Northern America just at this time."

    Without adequate and credible references, this statement might appear
indebted to Orson Wellles' history-making first broadcast of War of The
Worlds!  :^O   -- or, at the very least, as rather apocryphal.

    Even if proper references might be provided, choice of the rather
'loaded' term, "massive invasion" (of mammals), as used in the context of
discussing the world-wide K/T extinction, brings to mind a question of
whether selected papers, reports, or maybe even some pipe dreams, might have
been 'graded on the curve' for editorial purposes.

    Come to think of it, while I hadn't heard credible evidence that the K/T
terminal-event progressed from north to south, as to invading,
breast-feeding (mammalian) asteroid(s?), now we're cookin' with gas!!!  :^)

    (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  No offense intended, John.)

    Ray Stanford