query

     Is anybody aware of studies of non-ornithodiran (crurotarsian "crocky"
     thingies, whether aquatic or terrestrial) archosaurs (aetosaurs,
     rauisuchians, phytosaurs, etc.) in which, for a particular species,
     there was a large enough sample of specimens, with a suffiently large
     size range, that it was possible for the authors to consider
     ontogenetic changes (if any) in overall body proportions (arm length,
     hand length, leg length, and foot length relative to overall body
     size)?  I have a very nice data set of this kind for American
     alligators, and I may be able to get some comparable data for Ozzian
     salties and freshies, but I'd like to know if there are any studies
     investigating this kind of thing in the kinds of taxa thought
     responsible for cheirothere-style footprints.

     Jim Farlow