Re: bauplan convergence

Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

> Insects are by and large >far< more lightweight than even the smallest
>  lizards, and they can be easily blown aloft by even a light wind or
breeze.

Perhaps so, but one of the leading theories of the origins of insect flight
(and, I presume, the one to which Tim was alluding) is that insect wings
developed first as propulsive organs for moving the animal across the surface
of the water and that insect flight--*powered* flight--developed from the
pond up.

Nick P.