Re: [Re: Jurassic Park 3 Official Logo]

"Leonidus" AK wrote:

<<Also, to me, it looks most like a spinosaur.>>

and Archosaur wrote:

<... the creature in the logo looks like some strange
hybrid of _Suchomimus_ and _Baryonyx_. Check out the
huge claw on the hand.>

  The logo is comprised of a rather generalized
spinosaur; there is no spinosaur with that combination
of features, frankly, and there are some really
aberrant takes on anatomy that I guess were done to
"ease the mind" -- for instance, the neural spines are
elongated like that only in *Spinosaurus aegyptiacus*,
and frankly, they incline forward in the cranial
dorsals, not like the logo; there are too many
maxillary teeth, unlike _any_ spinosaur known, and the
skull appears to be based on *Baryonyx*, as the other
spinosaurs have more stout or blunt, or longer skulls.
"Spinosaur" is the best way to put it.

  Just griping ...

  GRIPE!!!

=====