RE: bauplan convergence

From: Betty Cunningham wrote

I still put a vote behind the protofeather sexual display hopping thing
for wing development; which is niether trees up or trees down, really.
It makes more evolutionary sense to have a pre-flight-capable wing for
making pretty, that later develops flight-worthiness, than a post-flight
flipper developing flight-worthiness does...

>I have visions of those (I think) Capercailles(?) which leap up from the
ground and flash their wings in display....is that what you have in mind?

cheers, m