Re: BRONTOSAURUS, CHARLES DARWIN, AND MEXICO CITY

The picture of the Queen is disappearing from
Australian $5 notes, but isn't being replaced by
anything as cool as an image of Darwin though. But I
think we still have the distinction of being the only
country with a capital city named after him.

Garth

--- Tetanurae@aol.com wrote:

> 2) Later this year, the Bank of England will issue a
> newly redesigned note of
> Ten Pounds.  The new note will have numerous
> security impovements including a
> foil hologram with Brittania (similar to the new 20
> pound note) but will
> retain it's orange-brown color.  What is important
> to us paleontologists
> however is the fact that it will honor Charles
> Darwin.  Liz will still grace
> the obverse of the note (and will appear not to age
> a day since 1985), but on
> the reverse, instead of Charles Dickens and a
> cricket match, there will be a
> picture of Darwin and possibly some scenes from the
> Galapagos.  YAY ENGLAND!
>

> Pete Buchholz
> Tetanurae@aol.com
>
> You may be burned to death or skinned alive or
worse...