Re: Discovery could Endanger T.Rex Name

At 08:12 PM 6/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Get the heck out of your office and ask the person on the street what
>a  Brontosaurus is, then ask them what an Apatosaurus is...

Hate to tell you this, but in all of the classes I have taught (I have
taught from Kindergarten to Grade 8), anyone who cared anything about
dinosaurs knew the the name Brontosaurus was dead.  The one I have trouble
with is convincing younger kids (for example, my wife's daycare class) that
they are not long-necks.  It is hard to convince a 4 year old to call it a
sauropod, but they will after a bit of convincing.

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@interlog.com>
                     <dinoguy@netscape.com>
For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at: