Re: Mesozoic rainforests?

It would make sence if there were rainforests in the Mesozoic, after all
there WERE trees back then, and heat, and more rain in some places then
others.  However, I don't think we'd find any evidence of them (unless
leaves and bits from a rainforest got washed into a river and fossilized
that way), because there isn't much opportunity for fossilization on the
ground of a rain forest.  John Horner said something about that; the
dinosaurs that we find are all going to be lowlands dinosaurs because
there's very little opportunity for fossilization anywhere else.
Besides, I don't think that there is any way you could distinguish any
single organism as coming from a rainforest.  There are plenty of
rainforest plants that DON'T have drip tips.

Dan