Re: bauplan convergence

The main problem I have with avian flight originating in trees, is that I
can't see a good reason for animals to be leaping from them,

Jumping on prey ?? Feathers may have slowed down their fall, allowed some more control over the fall (so the predator land on TOP of prey?, not in front of the prey so preadtor is stepped on!!!)

Felines have been around for
millions of years, and I don't believe there has ever been a flying cat.

If this happend in origin of birds it does NOT mean it MUST happen in every linage of tree-living predators.