Re: bauplan convergence

Many of the animals that live in
trees today, or at least have some history of climbing trees, have fur,
which could be adapted over the course of time, to become something like
feathers.

Are you serious?? You must know about the 'fuzzy' theropods like Sinornithisaurus, Bepaisoaurus, Sinosauropteryx which show a cobvering of hair-like structures. Feathers evolved from this- true feathers I mean like you see in Caudipteryx and birds.

(Interestingly enough, the only flying mammal, the bat,
uses skin
flaps and not modified hair).

You compare apples & oranges !!!

So far, however, this hasn't happened.
I see
the evolution of hair into feathers to be much easier than the evolution of
scales into feathers.

See above - there are small 'fuzzy' theropods

So, if we have a population of small therapod
dinosaurs living in the trees, fulfilling the role of, say, lemurs, why did
the dinosaurs start to fly, and why haven't lemurs taken wing?

Who cares??? Did you read my last messsage>? It is not compulsary for ALL lineages to copy each other!@!!Why did creodonts return to the sea and evolve into whales, but why not dogs? They are both terestriall carnivores? That logic you use is nonsense!!!