Re: bauplan convergence

Actually after I sent that e-mail, it occurred to me that he was perhaps confusing Creodontia with Acreodi (the latter being another name for Mesonychids).
------Ken
From: Ronald Orenstein <ornstn@home.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: bauplan convergence
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:02:33 -0400

At 03:40 PM 17/06/2000 -0700, Ken Kinman wrote:

Ahmed,
    Creodonts evolved into whales??  Where did you get that?  That's
definitely news to me.

I think he means mesonychids, a quite different group (though recently a
link to artiodactyls has been proposed).  For a popular account of the
mesonychid theory read the book "At the Water's Edge" by Carl Zimmer.
1825 Shady Creek Court