Re: The "Swipe" of Cats [was Re: bauplan convergence]

Betty Cunningham wrote:

>Monkeys and lemurs are also capable of the motion of flapping and can do
>it as well if not better than jaguars, and they both do quite a bit of
>leaping about in trees.  Hoever neither extant monkeys, lemurs, or
>jaguars have a terribly useful drag mechanism.

Hmmm, sifakas do have lateral flaps of skin that both act as rudimentary
parachutes and sun ray absorbers.

Ravin' Ray
your friendly neighborhood paleontologist
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9020
"I'm a geologist who uses Geos and has a Geocities website!"