RE: Archosauromorph classification & Thecodonts

More on _Longisquama_ in the VERY NEAR future.  However, I have had access
to some amazingly good closeup photos of the specimen, and can say this in
agreement with Chris:
This specimen does not show any apparent archosauromorph characters, much
less archosaurian.  Even champsosaurs and rhynchosaurs have more apparent
derived features shared with archosaurs than this puppy.

Diapsida incertae sedis, for now, until I can get Merck to work...

P.S. The Galapagos Archipelago is amazing place to visit!

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite