From: chris brochu <cbrochu@fmnh.org>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Archosauromorph classification & Thecodonts
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:12:14 -0500

> Likewise, I will leave Longisquamidae and Sharovipterygidae as >incertae sedis within this order unless it shown they belong elsewhere. >They appear to be archosauromorphs,

I'm not sure I agree.  I've seen Longisquama up close, and most of the
"characters" shared in common with archosauromorphs could be just as easily
interpreted as postmortem damage.  It's probably a diapsid of some sort,
but that's as far as I would go.  One more reason why I no longer use
Linnean ranks.

chris

---------------------- Christopher A. Brochu Department of Geology Field Museum of Natural History 1400 S. Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60605

voice: 312-665-7633