Re: Archosauromorph classification & Thecodonts

>      Likewise, I will leave Longisquamidae and Sharovipterygidae as
>incertae sedis within this order unless it shown they belong elsewhere.
>They appear to be archosauromorphs,

I'm not sure I agree.  I've seen Longisquama up close, and most of the
"characters" shared in common with archosauromorphs could be just as easily
interpreted as postmortem damage.  It's probably a diapsid of some sort,
but that's as far as I would go.  One more reason why I no longer use
Linnean ranks.

chris

Christopher A. Brochu
Department of Geology