Re: DEFENDING MODERN BIOLOGY

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Ken Kinman wrote:

> Mike,
>       In the classification of Thecodontiformes which I just posted, I don't
> include Pseudolagosuchus, preferring to place it near Eoraptor as basal
> members of Order Saurischiformes.

_Marasuchus_ then.

So Saurischiformes is paraphyletic? Why?

>      I placed Sphenosuchidae as sister group to Order Crocodyliformes, and
> Poposauridae is sister to that clade.

And hence your system is superior to the traditional one. But still, why
even recognize a group that includes Spenosuchidae with _Drepanosaurus_
and not with Protosuchidae? If you want a group that doesn't include the
lineages that survived the Triassic, how about "Triassic
Archosauromorpha"?

>      As for Sharovipterygidae, I am still uncertain of it's placement, and
> that is why I coded it with a question mark.

Fair enough.

T. Michael Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com> | AIM <Ric Blayze> | ICQ <77314901>
                 My Worlds <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
                 The Dinosauricon <http://dinosauricon.com>