XENICIBIS ADDENDUM

Many thanks indeed to Fred for the extra info on extinct ibises. I
checked and, when I said that _Xenicibis_ was described by Olson and
Wetmore, I most definitely was thinking of their original description of
_Apteribis_. This is what comes from relying on memory. The thing
about _Xenicibis_ being a possible quadruped is an Olson abstract (it
is definitely not mentioned in the 1991 Olson and James monograph
on Hawaiian non-passerines [which includes description of _A.
brevis_]) - I will get this off Hume when he returns from the
Mascarenes.

"American money stinks"

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP