From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
To: kinman@hotmail.com, sarima@friesen.net
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: a universal Reptilia (ending the cladisto-eclectic war)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:48:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/00 11:38:27 AM EST, kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< The Kinman System is
designed to be a single universally acceptable classification methodology,
combining both genealogy and divergence "in a single classification in such
a way that both are retrievable." That is what David Hull said we needed,
in his 1979 paper ("The Limits of Cladism", Syst. Zool., 28:416-440). >>

You might try calling it something other than the Kinman System. Give it a
more neutral name, such as parataxonomy.