Re: bauplan convergence

Ditto!

Some of the posts in this thread have verged on the
ridiculous, with talk of testing one strange
hypothesis after another.

We are not dealing with an experimental science here,
but rather a historical science. I think some people
on this list have paid way too much attention to
Popper and/or the post modernists for their own good.

Garth

--- Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/19/00 3:30:14 PM EST,
> dannj@alphalink.com.au writes:
>
> << I've pretty much given up speculating on the
> origin of bird flight.
>  There are just too many possible variables and too
> little direct
>  evidence. You might as well ask how turtles
> developed shells: it
>  requires the scapulae to somehow end up on the
> inside of the rib cage.
>  How the heck did that ever happen? Sometimes I
> think logic is entirely
>  the wrong approach to studying evolution. >>
>
> I'm afraid I have to agree with you on this point,
> strongly. Speculating on
> the whys and wherefores of the evolution and the
> possible behavior of fossil
> animals is simply a giant waste of time. Either the
> answers are entirely
> obvious or the answers are simply impossible to
confirm.