theropod ears

Greetings,
As an artist, dinosaurs are(of course) one of my favorite subjects to draw.
The other day I was sketching Cryolophosaurus and just stopped at the ear
area. What exactly did dinosaur(particularly theropod) ears look like? Is
there any way to tell what details, if any, exist in theropod outer ears?
I've seen some facial portraits of some dinosaurs but they don't help much.
Or is this one of those unknowable things due to the fact that soft tissue
rarely fossilizes? Bob Bakker once mentioned that T.rex's ears faced forward.
How? Has anyone done an illustration of this? Thanks in advance to anyone
with information.
                                                    Brian Buck
"Death is but a door, time is but a window...I'll be back"
Vigo the Carpathian
1505-1610