Re: Ancestors and descendants

In a message dated 6/22/00 2:59:23 PM EST, NJPharris@aol.com writes:

<< That is an interesting question, and I feel it is best resolved by turning
it
 around: are my descendants a thousand generations removed more closely
 related to me, or to my parents and siblings?  The answer, as I think is
 fairly obvious, is that they are more closely related to me >>

This answers the question of whether your 1000-descendants are more closely
related to you or to your parents, but it does >not< answer the question of
whether >you< are more closely related to them than to your parents and
siblings. You are only one or two generations removed from your parents and
so you >must< be more closely related to your parents than to those remote
descendants. Just because >they< are more remote from your parents than you
are doesn't mean that >you< are more remote from your parents than you are
from them.