Re: Tyrannosaurus proportions

Luis Rey wrote:

<...the body proportions of Tyrannosaurus rex are
extremely weird.>

  According to Hendersen (1999) [not to be confused
with Henderson] *Tyrannosaurus'* COG was roughly below
the third presacral, anterior to the pubes. This is
acheived by a relatively solid tail and body cavity
relatively hollow (stomach, lungs, air sacs?,
gizzard?, intestines and colon, esophogus and trachea,
light skull with giant nasal chabbers and internal
oral cavity) so that the weight was balanced about the
knees. Feet are small as a cursorial adaptation, along
with the shortened tail -- it helps to have short
forelimbs, and I think we are all aware of the current
opinion and evidence for this.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden