Re: "Feathery fossil shows birds aren't dinosaurs"

--- Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> Don't
> know why they so
> desperately want dinosaurs to be unrelated to birds.

Pop psychology seems to have some utility here.

Isn't Feduccia an ornithologist, or a paleontologist
specializing in birds?  In either case, he'd probably
not like the idea that his specialty is "just" a part
of dinosaur science.  Perhaps he interprets
Ornithology as becoming more parochial in that case.

I don't mean this to be a personal attack, or an
attack at all, by the way.  But it is a question I've
pondered myself -- it seems to be a very personal point.

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm OK now."