Re: [Re: Fossil Discovery Threatens Theory of Birds' Evolution]

Message is further down  |

NJPharris@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/23/00 6:50:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> majestic_cheese@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > "A point that too many people always ignored is that
> >  the most birdlike of the dinosaurs, such as
> >  bambiraptor and velociraptor, lived 70 million years
> >  after the earliest bird, archaeopteryx,"
>
> Now, wait a minute!
>
> This statement is logical crap,

   Alright, I WAS gonna just sit back and watch this thing play out, but this
is where I come in. It has been my experience in the realm of paleontology
that logic is never used. Something I hope to remedy if I get into the field
someday. There, I said it. There's my two cents.

 anyway, as we all know.  But what about
> _Sinornithosaurus_, one of the very most birdlike dromaeosaurs, which comes

> from  the Yixian formation, which just a few years ago some of these same
> guys were trying to say was Jurassic!
>
> Nick P.

  It has been proven that in evolution and is visible in today's animals that
if one design works, it can be shared with other animals species, genuses,
families, whatever. It is my personal belief that dinosaurs were not birds,
it's just that the design worked, so they used it.
  On another note, this kinda ruins some things if this proves what it seems
to (I am being generous with the "seems to" there, just to appease some
people.) then my idea for a graduate thesis paper (or whatever) has just been
flushed down the toilet. I now leave the floor open to flamings and chewings
out.

                                           Caleb Lewis