Say this slowly: theropoda is paraphylitic, theropoda is paraphlyitic.....

It's interesting to note that none of the proponents of the dino/bird nexus
have even *thought* of the idea that theropoda might be paraphyletic. I mean
bipedalism is known from some non-dinosaurian thecodonts and Triassic crocs.
Bipedalism has evolved a minimum of FIVE times among mammals.

The feathered "dinosaurs" found in China are exiting and valuable finds to be
sure, but has it occurred to anyone here that maniraptors may not be
dinosaurs at all? This latest news has given us a real treasure. A site to
look for soft-part fossils of Rheto-Liassic age. With Kyrgistan no longer
part of the Soviet Union, we can get our scientists in there and find other
and better specimens.

eric l.