Re: "Feathery fossil shows birds aren't dinosaurs"

At 6:18 PM -0500 6/23/00, Thor C. Gran III wrote:

Has this specimen been CT scanned, as was done for a number of other dino skulls recently?

It seems to me that if important skull details are obscured
x-rays/computer modeling could be very helpful in clearing things up.

To the best of my knowledge, it has not been CT scanned. A scan certainly might help, although if the crucial zone could be damaged beyond reconstruction. (Remember, some crumbling occurs along a crack, and Longisquamus was a small animal.) -- Jeff Hecht