Re: Say this slowly: theropoda is paraphylitic, theropoda is paraphlyitic.....

>It's interesting to note that none of the proponents of the dino/bird nexus
>have even *thought* of the idea that theropoda might be paraphyletic.
>Okay, lets assume for the moment that Logismama(sic) is a protobird
unrelated
>to dinosaurs beyond the early archisauromorphs. Then it or it's very close
>reletive evolved into birds and those parabirds with the feathers that were
>found in China. You then have the Jurrassic/Cretaceous exinction event,
whatever it was. As
>most of the birds living at the time had clawed wings and lots of teeth,
>there would be several ecological nitches to fill. Secondary flightlessness
>similier to modern ratites, but with teeth and claws. What do you have? A
>critter that looks superficially like a theropod. It has been shown
>conclusivley that many so-called theropods like maniraptors and orthomimids
>are extremely birdlike.

    They also look extremely like other theropods.  Your idea has to explain
why coelurosaurs and birds have so many detailed similarities with
theropods, especially since they have zero similarity to Longisquama.  What
reason is there NOT to think that coelurosaurs and other thropods aren't
related?  Why do we need this particular elaborate story?

LN Jeff

You have to study a great deal to know a little.
-Baron de Montesquieu

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget the way you made
them feel.
-Carl W. Buehner
Jeffrey W. Martz
3002 4th St. #C26