Re: "Feathery fossil shows birds aren't dinosaurs"

Dinogeorge wrote:

>that birds did not evolve from arboreal archosaurs (snip) is contradicted
by physics. Where would a ground-dwelling runner without wings obtain the
energy for sustained flight?<

The old saw that flight could not evolve from an upward directed launch will
soon be put to rest, yet again. Suffice it to say that, with the proper
amount of lifting surface, you or I could launch ourselves as a glider from
the ground under our own power. It's not difficult, much less impossible or,
even more preposterously, precluded by the laws of physics. And what's
possible is certainly open to experimentation by natural selection. As I
noted earlier, even fish can launch themselves upward and glide.

Geez...

PTN