Re: "Feathery fossil shows birds aren't dinosaurs"

In a message dated 6/24/00 3:36:34 PM EST, jeffmartz@earthlink.net writes:

<< If you must have an
 arboreal origin of flight why don't you just take a cursorial early-middle
 Jurassic theropod and stick it into a tree, rather then inventing a
 completely hypothetical lineage of dino-birds? >>

That's >exactly< what I'm saying! You've got it. The dinobird lineage is not
hypothetical; it's small, feathered theropods that lived in trees, not big
cursorial predators that lived on the ground. There's nothing more to it than
that; so why does everybody seem to find this notion so peculiar or
unworkable?

And now I think I'm quite close to overrunning my daily quota of dinosaur
list replies, so no more until tomorrow.