Re: Flighty Equations

In a message dated 6/24/00 7:11:39 PM, qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

<< I assume you mean *Oligokyphus,* a tritylodont
mammaliform. Mammalia is defined as a crown group, and
as such only includes those forms bracketed by extant
taxa: monotremes, marsupials, and placentals. Similar
forms, like Tritylodontoidea, Morganucodonta, etc. are
not mammals in the strictest sense (above). >>

Well, I have read that they found some dicynodont skin impressions and they
looked "reptillian" which means that they probably were Mammal-like reptiles,
while cynodonts probably looked like mammals.

<<Question
of whether these animals may have looked like mammals
was raised on the list almost two years ago ...
keyword "Morganucodon" will be a tremendous help,
since the threads focused on it. >>

thanks, I'll look it up.

eric l.