Re: Fossil Discovery Threatens Theory of Birds' Evolution

>>The definition of "mammal" has changed in the last decade or so. How do you
know that a live Olyagopolis would look like a reptile?<<
Isn't mammals' diagnostic feature (besides mummeries, I mean), their single
lower
jawbone and the presence of ear bones?

>> Look at spirula and
graphitites, I know that neither is a vertebrate, but both evolved to look
exactly like another group.<<
...and yet they retain some part of their ancestral anatomy that tips us off to
their actual status.

Dan