Re: Say this slowly: theropoda is paraphylitic, theropoda is paraphlyitic.....

Eric Lurio wrote...

>You have two superficially similar groups competing after a minor
holocaust,

     Superficial?  Theropods have been found to be a monophyletic group on
the basis of a large number of anatomical features that they share that are
not seen in other groups.  In order for a resemblance to be superficial, two
groups have to be similar at a glance but differ in the details.  For
example, the superficial resemblance of the features on Longisquama to
feathers.  I wouldn't even say that Longisquama itself even bears a
superficial resemblance to theropods.

>with dogma refusing to recognize the real truth.

      "Dogma" is one of the most overly abused words in science.  Sometimes
the common opinion in science is dogmatic, but the word is often used as a
rationalization by people with a weak idea for why scientists aren't buying
thier theory in droves.

LN Jeff

You have to study a great deal to know a little.
-Baron de Montesquieu

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget the way you made
them feel.
-Carl W. Buehner
Jeffrey W. Martz
3002 4th St. #C26