Re: Say this slowly: theropoda is paraphylitic, theropoda is paraphlyitic.....

In a message dated 6/25/00 12:12:13 PM, Dinogeorge writes:

<< I think what he is arguing is that the theropod bauplan evolved several
times independently in nondinosaurian archosaurs, and that we're lumping all
these lineages into Theropoda because of their homoplasies. This isn't BCF,
since BCF assumes dinosaurian and theropod monophyly. >>

Bingo!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help.

eric l.