Re: Comments on _Longisquama_ in _Science_.

<That's important, Ruben says, because he and most other scientists think
structures as specialized as feathers must have evolved only once, almost
certainly in some ancient member of a vast group of creatures called
archosaurs.>
<"This [cladistics] gives us an explicit, repeatable, falsifiable basis for
conducting our studies," says John Merck, a paleontologist at the University
of Maryland, College Park.>
Muttering...
(The second statement is true, except that I wish the word used were
'refutable' instead of 'falsifiable' and noting that 'repeatable' is not the
same as 'recreate-able'.)