Re: Tarsitano's challenges

In a message dated 6/28/00 7:26:51 AM EST, tholtz@geol.umd.edu writes:

<< I, he, Dodson, Farlow (I think), Ruben,
 and a few others were at a table, and somehow the subject of tyrannosaurids
 as coelurosaurs came up.  Tarsitano said "who ever said that".  I can't
 remember if Dodson said, pointing to me "He did" or I said "I did" first: it
 was pretty close to simultaneous >>

Actually, I think Huene first came up with this idea sometime during the
middle of the previous century. Don't have the reference(s) handy, but I seem
to recall reading this in his 1956 treatise on the phylogeny and paleontology
of the lower tetrapods. Notion was dismissed by virtually everyone else, who
maintained that tyrannosaurids were clearly carnosaurs, etc.