Re: Cheetah speed [off topic]

>From what the original post mentioned it sounded like a run between 2
points, supposedly a straight line. Betty is quite correct about the
sighthounds. I have several types of sigh thounds and have gone to a lure
coursing event. The biggest problem is getting the dogs to follow the lure,
some will notice the line that drags the lure and use that to figure out
were the lure will go next (thus getting there ahead of the lure, it's quite
funny, but defeats the purpose.) Using a straight line, if the cheetah went
in an odd pattern or even a curved pattern using the radio collar, you
wouldn't get a true reading:) Lure coursing tracks are usually done in
zig-zag patterns so you would have to use the radar gun.

If anybody gets a chance I suggest you go to a lure coursing event, the dogs
just go crazy, I've never seen happier animals.

Just my 2 cents,

Brett Booth