PACHY PARADOX

Tom Holtz writes...

> ...the Pachy Paradox problem as stated ignores the possible presence
> of Pachycephalosauria, in the form of _Stenopelix_ (argued to be a
> pachycephalosaur by Sereno in his 1999 paper in Science), in the
> Early Cretaceous.

Ahem... and _Yaverlandia_.

Lots of discussion of basal marginocephalian evolution in the Isle of
Wight book Dave Martill and I are working on. Stay tuned. BTW,
WRT Tom's mention of _Stenopelix_-as-pachycephalosaur (Sereno
1997), note that Maryanska (1990) excludes it from this group.

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building