Re: SWIMMING & NEW REFS

At 06:02 am 30/06/00 -0700, Betty Cunningham wrote:
>dunno about swimming fer sure but the Nat Geo article about the woman
>who went camel-back across Australia a couple of years ago sure had
>pictures of 'em wallowing about in an ocean.

        In the same vein, I'd heard it was *giraffes* with the problem..

In the back of my mind, the image forms.. is this related to the *gait* of
the animal? Since camels and giraffes are meant to move by swinging both
legs on the ame side of the body, could this be a hindrance?

>> The books say that camels can't swim. I really don't know if this is true.
>> Some humans can't swim:) Swifts and hummingbirds can't swim
>> AFAIK.

|    Marcus Good aka "Finback"             | "That is not dead       |
|      goodmr@ses.curtin.edu.au            | Which can eternal lie,  |
| http://www.livejournal.com/users/finback | And with strange aeons  |
| "All is but toys."                       |      -- H P  Lovecraft, |
|              - "Macbeth", Act 2, Scene 3.|      "Call of Cthulhu". |