natatory Geochelone

     Somebody has asked about whether giant tortoises can swim.  Apparently
     they float like corks:

     "Giant tortoises are capable of oceanic crossings, riding the waves
     like an inflatable raft, head up, patient, enduring days or even weeks
     afloat."  David Quammen, 1996, _The Song of the Dodo: Island
     Biogeography in an Age of Extinctions, Scribner, pp. 121-23.

     This is a secondary source, but it probably wouldn't be hard to track
     down the primary literature.

     Incidentally, I have plugged this book before.  It is a fine read, and
     will put lots of ideas relevant dinosaur biology into your head.

     I can imagine an ankylosaur or other big dinosaur patiently enduring
     such a trip.