Re: natatory Geochelone [ humor and flights of fancy]

In a message dated 6/30/00 3:11:33 PM EST, thescelosaurus@juno.com writes:

<< >      I can imagine an ankylosaur or other big dinosaur patiently
 > enduring such a trip.

 I like the images that brings to mind.  The sun is slowly sinking in a
 cloudless sky, and out on the ocean ankylosaurs are drifting serenely in
 the currents, floating along with the water, some of them maybe serving
 as rest stops for seagoing birds and pterosaurs.     >>

Don't laugh. A considerable number of ankylosaur specimens occur in >marine<
deposits--more, perhaps than any other kind of dinosaur. The nodosaur that
Tracy Ford is presently working on for the San Diego Museum of Natural
History is a typical example.