Re: Re. Progress

>>To deny that evolution by natural selection is not in some sense progressive
is to deny the obvious<<
Really?  This is something that I've been wondering about.  Does evolution
progress at all?  I can see how one might say that evolution tends to take less
specialized creatures and make them more specialized, but can one make things
more
specific then that?  I don't even think that evolution drives toward greater
complexity, because the most numerous organisms on the planet are not
particularly
complex.
This may be getting off topic, so you can reply off list if you want to.

Dan