Re: Were the dinosaurs fried by ultraviolet light?

Caitlin R. Kiernan said:

>Which makes me think, as so many things often do, about the frogs. Being
>extremely sensitive to UV radiation, and enviromental stresses in general,
>why were they spared if the biosphere was suddenly bombarded with twice the
>normal levels of UV rad.?

Is there enough of a fossil record of K/T frogs to tell if thee sailed
through boundary unscathed?  When folks start pointing out this or that
group of organisms that made it through the boundary I wonder if they
remember the big difference might be between extinct and almost
extinct.  The almost extinct group re-radiates the extinct group
doesn't.  This does not, however, mean that the almost extinct group
was unaffected.
mike
|      Michael J. Styzen                     Phone: (504) 728-4308      |
|      Shell International Exploration                                  |
|      and Production Inc.                   Room:  OSS-3204            |
|      Deepwater Services                                               |
|      P.O. Box 51510                        Email: mstyzen@shellus.com |
|      New Orleans LA  70151-1510 USA                                   |