Re: Tasmanian tiger to be cloned

Sam wrote:

>One step closer it seems... (snip)...Exciting stuff<

Before getting too excited, we should not forget that it is very likely that
_Thylacinus cynocephalus_ became extinct as a result of human predation and
loss of habitat from human development and introduction of grazing animals.
Without a habitat to support a breeding population of these animals, I don't
see any valid ethical basis for resurrecting them.  The *aha!* experience we
may get from it is certainly not reason enough.

Pat