theropod basicranium

Hi, I had posted this some days ago but got no answer, I am doing so again. I apologize for the repetition.

Can the posteriorly placed sub-sellar pit in the basicranium be considered a synapomorphy for the coelurosaur clade? Also how universal is it in the known allosauroids for the subsellar pit to be very anterior and without the anteriorly leading groove that that appears to be present in most theropods. Has this condition been examined in the carcharodontosaurs - ithink Chure or Currie had studied them (may they are different)? Also was there a paper by Chure on Marshosaurus crania?
Thanks
_EA