RE: WWD UK vs. US

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> darren.naish@port.ac.uk
>
> *In the UK version, a _Torosaurus_ has its whole horn snapped off
> while in a fight. Jim Kirkland objected to this scene as it's pretty
> ridiculous - if a horn broke anywhere, it would not be right above the
> postorbital. I think that's why they took it out, not because it was gory.

While it is true that the break was in an unusual place (there are
ceratopsine specimens which do show rehealed fractures about half the length
of the horn, at a probable horn-to-horn contact point), the word I had from
the U.S. production team was that that scene was deleted for its gore
content.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742