Re: Disney's Dinosaur - second try!

Uhhhhh...

actually, according to Mark Hallett who helped to design them they DO have
beaks.

In the interest, however, of DRAMA (not of science) it was necessary to modify
the structure of the beak an to add something more like horse's lips. The
current beaks are just reduced substantially in sze and look morelike teeth
than beaks.

What's interesting is to compare the look of the animals from the early stages.

We'll be publishing some of Bill Stout's early concept drawings very soon. They
do have beaks like real Iguanadons.

Mark's statement at greater length will be available in a day or so.

Please don't mistake my intentions: I'm not justifying the science here, I am
justifying the decisions that were made in the interests of storytelling.

ES

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member
of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer

Laser Publishing Group, Planetarium Station, Box 502-DIG, NY, NY 10024-0502