Re: Disney's Dinosaur - second try!

Please don't mistake my intentions: I'm not justifying the science here, I am
justifying the decisions that were made in the interests of storytelling.

Not to reopen the can of worms on what is and isn't "fact" in paleontology (especially paleontological restorations), any decisions made that are flatly _contrary_ to the evidence are, simply, inexcusable. It would be like saying "Well, the story worked better if the elephant had _two_ trunks," when we all know darned well that all elephants have only one trunk. You can't change anatomy to make a story better!

                _,_

                     Jerry D. Harris
                 Fossil Preparation Lab
          New Mexico Museum of Natural History