Re: Sternberg and Fiction (Marine Dinos)

In a message dated 5/9/2000 1:33:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Chapman.Ralph@NMNH.SI.EDU writes:

> it seems
>  pretty implausible to me that they would do any better than
>  the generic level most times and, in some of the more boring
>  morphologies such as in the theropods, probably would have
>  trouble even there.

Compound this with the decent likelihood that many of the dinosaurs a
time-traveler would encounter would be completely unknown to science, or
extremely poorly known.  How many of us would recognize _Rapator_ in the
flesh?  _Echinodon_?  _Calamospondylus_?  _Yaverlandia_?

Nick P.