Disney's Dinosaur

I for one am glad Disney chose two lesser known taxa over the popular
Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops. I grilled my friends about the dino's in the
trailer and one of them did get Carnotaurus correctly (albeit after I said
it was the "flesh-bull"), though he missed out on Pachyrhinosaurus. Also,
unless I'm mistaken, was that gliding reptile Longisquama? It was depicted
with bulging, chameleon-like eyes, as in the April 1975 issue of Scientific
American (Bob Bakker's cover story "Dinosaur Renaissance").

BTW, you might want to visit "Disney's Dinosaur" at
http://www.dinosaurmovie.com/index.html. The people there are soliciting
comments and information from paleontologists.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines